JustPark is reinventing parking for the digital age. Our mission is to make parking easy – helping drivers save time, avoid stress and enjoy an easy journey every time. Our 5-star apps help you find a space in seconds, whenever and wherever you need it – and even let you reserve and pay seamlessly at 20,000+ locations.
Winners of Sir Richard Branson’s VOOM competition, backed by BMW and Index Ventures (Facebook, JustEat, Dropbox) and chosen as one of WIRED’s hottest European startups, JustPark’s award-winning service is trusted by over 1.5 million drivers – with the highest-rated apps and fastest payments in the sector.
JustPark is The Parking App leading the disruption of a £50bn global industry – and we’d love you to join us on this exciting journey. Plus, with a copious holiday package, generous stock options and free chef-cooked lunches every day on offer, we believe you might too.
As a Software Engineer at JustPark your responsibilities would include:
- Implementing new features and APIs for use by mobile, web, hardware platforms and much more!
- Scaling our platform to accommodate a rapidly growing user base.
- Testing, refactoring and extending the features at the heart of the product.
- Following your curiosity to suggest new tools, methodologies and ideas to make our products and processes more awesome.
- 4+ years experience building first-class software in a corporate or start-up environment using an OOP language such as PHP, Java or C#.
- You have an excellent knowledge of API design and distributed backend systems that follow microservice architectures.
- You see a feature only as finished when it’s covered by automated tests.
- You are an authority on SQL and have also worked with alternative database paradigms such as NoSQL or Graph.
- Working in a team that plans, code reviews and pair programs together.
It’s a bonus if you have:
- Experience working at a growing startup.
- Experience using the Symfony, Laravel or Lumen PHP frameworks
- Relevant experience in any of the following domains: pricing, booking platforms, payments, e-commerce, geospatial systems.